Haversham and Friends, day 1.
Saturday October 5th 2013 - ‘Happy Birthday, Haversham!’
This weekend celebrates a very special birthday party – the C&PRRA’s Class 08 diesel shunter ‘Haversham’ (13018 / D3018 / 08011) is 60 years old! Join us for a fantastic weekend of fun and festivities and a marvellous reunion for ‘Haversham’ with friends* from former depots and yards.
- Arrival and departure of 'Watlington Flyer' special railtour from Aylesbury
- Naming ceremony for D3018 ‘Haversham’
- Wide variety of diesel, steam and electric rolling stock on display and giving rides
- Haversham’s ‘friends’ invited from Wolverton, Aylesbury, Bletchley and Buckfastleigh*
- Free rail shuttles between Chinnor and Princes Risborough stations – the first since 1957!
- Trains running all day, yard tours, signal box visits
- Vintage bus rides to and from Princes Risborough
- 'Cambrian’ Buffet, Beer Tent featuring ‘Vale Brewery’ real ales
- Chinnor Station shop, souvenirs, railway books, sideshows
- Bachmann model railways, Mortons railway magazines, ‘Wolverton 175’ book-signing
- Birthday raffle for ‘00’ model of ‘Haversham
- Haversham’s birthday cake!
- Guest traction*
- 13018/D3018/08011 - 'Haversham'
- 165001 - representing Aylesbury Depot
- 08629 - representling Wolverton Works
- 55023 - representing the Bletchley Depot
- WD 420 'Iris' and D8568 (Class 17 ‘Clayton’) - representing Chinnor yard
* All guest traction subject to final availability
- £15.00 per Adult / Senior, £7.50 per Junior (2 - 16 years)
- Includes access to all available trains and free attractions
- Food, beverages and shop purchases not included
|©CPRRA 2013||Updated: 23/8/2013||E&OE|