So what's in it for me?
- As part of a ready-made
community you will be working with a group of often like minded and dedicated
people who enjoy a common purpose of keeping the trains running, acting as ambassadors for the Railway and enticing our visitors to make repeat visits.
- It's also great fun and once you get more involved, you'll find there's a real sense of community and you'll belong to something that's truly inspiring.
- For our younger volunteers it can be a stepping stone to employment and the fact that you are a volunteer, speaks loudly about the sort of ethos that you will carry over into your future workplace.
- For those not so young any longer... then volunteering keeps your mind active and many tasks will help you keep physically active too!
- You'll be part of an historical legacy, preserving steam and vintage diesel train travel for future generations.
- To see and hear the delight
expressed by our visitors enjoying all your hard work, is a truly rewarding and satisfying experience.
We have a wide range of adult age groups who regularly volunteer and there are a
surprising variety of roles which you could make your
own, and it is far from being just about engineering and locomotives! Whether you have existing skills or you would
like to do something totally different, we also have requirements in education,
catering, retail, marketing, building, carpentry, customer services, and even horticulture.
Some of our Volunteers rarely get to visit the Railway - but they still help out by promoting our
activities from behind their PC screen (and almost anyone can do that).
We welcome Junior
Volunteers who are 14 - 17 years, but safeguarding and suitable safe working practices means the activities we can offer and the number of places are limited (because appropriate adult volunteers need to be available to work alongside them). Alternatively, we welcome those who are accompanied by their parent
or guardian throughout the time they are at the Railway.
Where we can match abilities to appropriate roles we welcome those who are less able - working within safeguarded environments (and appropriate help/supervision if needed) is always paramount to everyone's safety and enjoyment.
The C&PRR volunteer workforce keeps us
functioning every day and the Railway is a
ready-made community waiting to welcome you in!
Easy to find out more...
our Volunteers Facebook page you can get a flavour of just some of the happenings up and down the
our volunteers on a day when services are running or contact email@example.com to find out more.
Before beginning your Volunteer role in earnest you will need to become a member of the C&PRR. But of course, if you are not yet a member, then you can simply come along to try out what is on offer, before joining up!