St. Andrew’s Church:
Parts of St. Andrew's Church go back to the 12th and 13th centuries although the greater part dates from the 14th century. It is only 10 minute stroll from the station and of particular note is a wooden screen which is reputed to be the sixth oldest in England. St Andrew's also has one of the largest collections of monumental brasses in the country.
- The church is open to the public all week round.
- Church service is on Sundays at 10.00, bells ring from 0 9.30-10.00.
- Another helpful website on the church with lots of factual information can be seen here.
Directions from station - 10 min walk:
- From Chinnor Station turn left at bus stop and walk through car park.
- Cross road and turn left towards rail bridge.
- Cross over railway bridge.
- Bear right down one-way street (Church Lane).
- Turn right towards church onto Church Road.
- Turn right into the churchyard.
Please note occasional cars travel along the one way street and because there are no footpaths, do take care of any children who are with you.