A FREE COMMUNITY
WEEKEND CELEBRATION – EVERYONE WELCOME!
Generously supported by Wycombe District Council last year - our volunteers would again like
to invite you and your friends and family to come along to Chinnor railway
station between 10.00 and 15.00 hours on Saturday 2 June to explore, have fun, and see what the Railway offers
all our visitors and the local community.
Did you know that we are 100% volunteer run and there are no paid-staff at the Railway:
It's also an opportunity for many of our visitors to perhaps think about how they could get involved in some way or other and when you talk with our existing volunteers, you'll find there's something for almost everyone!
Learn about our restoration progress and hear about our exciting future plans:
- See behind the scenes - visit the trains, yard, signal box, and more.
- Ride the heritage diesel railcar along part of the line for FREE and hear all the latest developments and news on the 'Risboro Story.
- Meet our royal shunter Haversham and his companion coaches Linda the Lymington Flyer!
- See how we service and prepare our Steam Locomotive for the following day's service.
- Meet the drivers and firemen who will tell you about their unique experiences.
- Visit the signal box and understand how safety is paramount on the line.
- Chat with the team who maintains the carriages and wagons.
- Hear how we maintain the track and lineside in an environmentally friendly way.
- See how we operate our services and how we aim to delight our visitors.
For links to public transport and bus services to/from Chinnor please see here.
Free car parking at Chinnor railway station car park.
Chinnor station site plan:
The Tea Room and Gift Shop are open throughout the day.
No booking required - just come along at the weekend - everyone welcome!