Did you know that we are 100% volunteer run and there are no paid-staff at the Railway:
It's also an opportunity for many of our visitors to perhaps think about how they could get involved in some way or other and when you talk with our existing volunteers, you'll find there's something for almost everyone!
Learn about our restoration progress and hear about our future plans:
- See behind the scenes - visit the yard, signal box, and more.
- Ride the heritage diesel railcar along part of the line for FREE
- Hear all the latest developments and news on the soon to be realised 'Risboro Story!
- Meet our royal shunter Haversham and his companion coaches Linda the Lymington Flyer!
- See how we service and prepare our Steam Locomotive for the following day's service.
- Meet the drivers and firemen who will tell you about their unique experiences.
- Visit the signal box and understand how safety is paramount on the line.
- Chat with the team who maintains the carriages and wagons.
- Hear how we maintain the track and line-side in an environmentally friendly way.
- See how we operate our services and how we aim to delight our visitors.
For links to public transport and bus services to/from Chinnor please see here.
Free car parking at Chinnor railway station car park.The Tea Room and Gift Shop are open throughout the day.
No booking required - just come along on Saturday 2 June - everyone welcome!