A FREE COMMUNITY WEEKEND CELEBRATION – EVERYONE WELCOME!
We would like to invite you and your friends and family to come along to Chinnor railway station between 10.00 and 15.00 hours on Saturday 3 June and Sunday 4 June 2017 to explore, have fun, and see what the railway offers all our visitors and the local community.
Learn about our restoration progress and hear about exciting future plans:
- See behind the scenes - visit the trains, yard, signal box, and more.
- Ride the heritage diesel railcar along the line for FREE and hear all the latest developments and news.
- Learn about the new Chinnor Restoration and Education Centre, including how we will aim to tell the story of Chinnor and its industrial past and our local railway heritage.
- Meet our royal shunter Haversham and his companion Lovely Linda!
- See how we service and prepare Steam Locomotive No.6412
- Meet the drivers and firemen who will tell you about their unique experiences
- Visit the signal box and understand how safety is paramount on the line
- Chat with the team who maintains the carriages and wagons
- Hear how we maintain the track and lineside in an environmentally friendly way
- See how we operate our services and how we aim to delight our visitors
See our site plan below - also the Tea Room and Gift Shop will be open throughout the day.
No booking required - just come along at the weekend - everyone welcome!