Dad travels HALF-PRICE (half the full Adult or Senior rate) with any accompanied fare-paying visitor on Father's Day 16 Junee 2019.
Our delicious cream teas are served in the Afternoon Tea Cars on the 13.35, 15.00 and 16.30 departures from Chinnor. All Cream Teas are served on our GWR Hotels Dept crockery. Adults enjoy two locally procured and freshly baked scones, deliciously thick Rodda's clotted cream, plus jam and butter, together with your choice of tea, coffee, or soft drink. Please note Child (1-4 yrs) prices include one scone only.
All the while your steam locomotive is lazily billowing steam past your window on the gentle 50-minute round trip from Chinnor to Princes Risborough and return. With lovely views gradually opening out to Whiteleaf Cross and the Vale of Aylesbury in the distance, plus the Red Kites often whirling overhead, it is surely going to be the perfect Father's Day treat.
If you are looking for something more to do whilst in Chinnor then see our guide 'Stroll Around Chinnor Village' which includes links to the Wee Bookshop and The Village Centre for food and drink, ditto Bar/Restaurant meals in local pubs, or say visit the local Church, and the guide also lists other places that may be of interest.
At Chinnor station there is a large FREE car park for train ticket holders - plus small tea room and souvenir shop available.
Steam hauled trains with Afternoon Tea Cars depart Chinnor station at 13.35, 15.00 and 16.30. Each round trip takes approximately 50 minutes in duration.
- Adult Dad* (16-59 yrs) Half-Price Travel + Cream Tea £14
- Senior Dad* (60+ yrs) Half-Price Travel + Cream Tea £13
- Adult (16-59 yrs) Travel + Cream Tea £20
- Senior (60+ yrs) Travel + Cream Tea £18
- Child (5-15 yrs) Travel + Cream Tea £7
- Child (1-4 yrs) Free travel + Cream Tea £4
- Infant (Under 1 yrs) Free travel - No Cream Tea
*DAD TRAVELS HALF-PRICE (half-price Adult or Senior rate) when accompanied by any fare-paying ticket holder - the £8.00 charge is our standard price for his Cream Tea and reservation.
FACILITIES AT STATIONS:
On days when the Railway is operating our volunteers at Chinnor station provide: a ticket office where you can book tickets to travel on the same day; a large car park which offers FREE parking for train ticket holders; the Cambrian Tea Room selling drinks and light refreshments and the souvenir shop is open; toilet and baby changing facilities are available; take a look at our Accessibility Guide if you are in a wheelchair or require assistance.
At Princes Risborough station most services are provided by Chiltern Railways - except that the heritage line provides a ticket office located on Platform 4, where you can book tickets to travel to Chinnor on the same day. See details of Chiltern Railways facilities at the station guide. For car parking at Princes Risborough see the Chiltern Railways parking page (present charge in Autumn 2018 for Off-Peak parking is £5).
- Prices shown below INCLUDE your Travel Tickets, Reservations and Cream Teas. Many of our patrons also enjoy travelling on the train either before or after taking their Cream Teas in the Afternoon Tea Car and your travel tickets are valid all day long - so please do take any additional trips along the line in our unreserved accommodation, if you wish!
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or mobility difficulties. Our Gluten Free scones are home-baked to order by our volunteers and so we do need to know about your requirements in advance (72 hours notice please). We are sorry that our volunteers are unable to provide Vegan Cream Teas - we do try so very hard to please, but it's just something we have found we cannot do very well - however you are welcome to travel with friends and family and provide your own food - there is no extra charge and we will provide you with complimentary tea, coffee etc (call 07979 055366, 10.00-16.00 hours for info).
- Dogs - sorry only Assistance Dogs are allowed in the Afternoon Tea Cars.
- Sun 16 Jun 2019
- SOLD OUT**
- SOLD OUT**
- SOLD OUT**