This is the perfect taster experience!
Join the steam crew from an observer perspective on a journey that includes some arduous work by the loco including the 1 in 68 banks, and experience the thrill of the sights, sounds, smell and heat, of a ‘live’ steam engine.
Ride on the steam locomotive footplate with our driver and fireman on either the 12.15 or 13.30 passenger service from Chinnor and see everything from the working end of steam locomotive No. 5526 whilst travelling along the Chiltern foothills.
Our expert and highly experienced crews will answer your questions and point out various points of interest during the journey.
Please note that you will NOT be touching any of the controls and you will NOT be driving or firing the locomotive - this is purely observing our steam locomotive and crew in action whilst travelling with them on the footplate.
- Steam Observer - £50.00 plus any appropriate Adult, Senior, or National Railcard holder's travel ticket.
TIMES & AVAILABILITY:
Steam footplate rides are only available on either the 12.15 or 13.30 departure from Chinnor on most Sundays our standard service operates, but may exclude certain special event days.
All dates and times are subject to availability and must be booked in advance - see below for times and availability.
If you are looking for a more hands on experience, see our actual Driver Experiences, where you are fully in control of the locomotive!
THE PARTICIPANT MUST:
- Be aged over 18 years.
- Be reasonably fit and in good health - fit enough to climb on and off the locomotive from ground level unaided, if required.
- Wear old clothing that fully covers your arms and legs.
- Wear sturdy shoes / boots that protect your feet - trainers are not permitted.
- Not attend the ride / experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Also purchase an Adult, Senior, or Adult National Railcard travel ticket.
Please note that the Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway reserves the right to reschedule any Steam Footplate Ride or refuse entry for whatever reason. There is a maximum of one participant per ride and no other guests are allowed on the footplate.
- Sun 21 Oct 2018
- Depart 13:30 - Advance Booking Closed. Plenty of tickets available to buy on the day.
- Sun 28 Oct 2018
- SOLD OUT*