This is the perfect taster experience and for 'steam buffs' then it could make a lovely gift from Santa!
Join the steam crew from an observer perspective on a journey that includes some arduous work by the loco including the 1 in 68 banks, and experience the thrill of the sights, sounds, smell and heat, of a ‘live’ steam engine.
Ride on the steam locomotive footplate with our driver and fireman on the 13.00 passenger service from Chinnor on our Santa Specials or the 14.00 Passenger Service on our Mince Pie Specials and see everything from the working end of steam locomotive No. 5526 whilst travelling along the Chiltern foothills.
Our expert and highly experienced crews will be delighted to answer your questions and show you various points of interest during the journey.
Please note that you will NOT be touching any of the controls and you will NOT be driving or firing the locomotive - this is purely observing our steam locomotive and crew in action whilst travelling with them on the footplate
- Steam Observer - £85.00 includes your travel ticket.
Times and Availability
- Steam footplate rides are only available on the advertised departure from Chinnor.
- All dates and times are subject to availability and must be booked in advance - see below for times and availability.
THE PARTICIPANT MUST:
- Be aged over 18 years.
- Be reasonably fit and in good health - fit enough to climb on and off the locomotive from ground level unaided, if required.
- Wear old clothing that fully covers your arms and legs.
- Wear sturdy shoes / boots that protect your feet - trainers are not permitted.
- Not attend the ride / experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Please note that the Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway reserves the right to reschedule any Steam Footplate Ride or refuse entry for whatever reason. There is a maximum of one participant per ride and no other guests are allowed on the footplate.