This is the perfect taster experience!
Join our diesel driver from an observer perspective on a cab journey that includes some arduous work by the loco including the 1 in 68 banks, and experience the thrill, sights and sounds, and the unmistakable roar of a vintage diesel locomotive.
Your vintage diesel could be the Class 20 or Class 37 (or others!) on the passenger service shown below and you can observe the journey that only our drivers generally get to see - for details of the general locomotive roster see here. But please note that the locomotive used on any given day is subject to change at very short notice!
Our expert and highly experienced drivers will answer your questions and point out the various points of interest during the journey.
- Vintage Diesel Observer - £25.00 supplementary fare + any appropriate Adult, Senior, or National Railcard holder's travel ticket.
TIMES & AVAILABILITY:
All dates and times are subject to availability and must be booked in advance - see below for times and availability.
If you are looking for a more hands on experience, see our actual Driver Experiences, where you are fully in control of the locomotive!
THE PARTICIPANT MUST:
- Be aged over 18 years.
- Be reasonably fit and in good health - fit enough to climb on and off the locomotive from ground level unaided, if required.
- Wear old clothing that fully covers your arms and legs.
- Wear sturdy shoes / boots that protect your feet - trainers are not permitted.
- Not attend the ride / experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Also purchase an Adult, Senior, or Adult National Railcard travel ticket.
Please note that the Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway reserves the right to reschedule any Diesel Footplate Ride or refuse entry for whatever reason. There is a maximum of one participant per ride and no other guests are allowed on the footplate.
- Sun 21 Oct 2018
- Depart 15:00 - only 1 places left