In partnership with Hannah and Joe, who are the enterprising young proprietors of The Deli at No.5 in Thame which is closeby Chinnor, we invite you to join us on our Gin & Cheese Tasting + Steam evening on Saturday 22 September for a truly unique adventure - travel along the foothills of the Bucks/Oxon border sipping a gin taster onboard a nostalgic steam train.
We have kept our prices deliberately low at just £29 (other heritage railways typically charge around £60-70) and it includes two steam hauled trips of the line from Princes Risborough, or 3 if you're joining & alighting at Chinnor, together with three delicious and very different gin tastings, all accompanied by tasters of cheeses:
- Campfire Gin paired with Oak-smoked Caerphilly
- Twisting Spirits paired with Teifi Gouda
- Griffiths Brother's No 1 paired with Tuxfod and Tebbutt Stilton
We then have a paid-for Gin Bar on-board and there will also be truckles of cheese for sale. It means you can awaken your senses with the tasters and then go on to buy any additional Gins by the glass or bottle to share (20cl, 35cl or 75cl, as available), and all to suit your palette and fit in with the rest of your evening:
- Single Gin with Fever Tonic or Elderflower mixer for £4.50 (or double is £7.00)
- Campfire Gin - bottle to share - 50cl £36 and 10cl £14.95
- Tarquins - bottle to share - 70cl £35 and 35cl £19.50
- Griffiths Brothers - bottle to share - 70cl £35
- Two Birds Strawberry and Vanilla - bottle to share - 70cl £29.50 and 20cl £12
- Foxdenton Rhubarb - bottle to share - 70cl £26 and 35cl £14.99
- Twisting Spirit Lime and Lemongrass - bottle to share - 70cl £38 and 20cl £16
And of course you can buy bottles of Gin to take home with you too!
Please arrive at CHINNOR station (free car parking) 18.45 for 19.00 - after 3 round trips of the line we will arrive back at approximately 22.25.
Please arrive at PRINCES RISBOROUGH station Platform 4 at 19.15 for 19.30 - after 2 round trips of the line we will arrive back at approximately 21.55.
FACILITIES AT STATIONS:
At Chinnor station there is a large car park which offers FREE parking for ticket holders; toilet and baby changing facilities are available; take a look at our Accessibility Guide if you are in a wheelchair or require assistance.
At Princes Risborough station services are provided by Chiltern Railways - see details of Chiltern Railways facilities at the station guide. For car parking at Princes Risborough see the Chiltern Railways parking page (present charge July 2018 for Off-Peak parking is £5).
Sorry - the Gin & Cheese Tasting seats are now SOLD OUT.
- The Gin Train is advance booking only.
- To be on our Gin Train you must be 18+ years.
- You will be allocated your table by our Chief Steward when joining the train.
- If you wish to sit with another party, please make the booking in one name.
- Seats are available in blocks of two, three or four around a table.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking by return. Your ticket will arrive as a second email within the following 24-hours.
- We are unable to offer any group discounts, member discounts or concessions.
- For those travelling by rail to join our train at Princes Risborough please do carefully check your train times.
- Any subsequent drinks (after the three tasters) can be purchased at a cost of £4.50 (£7.00 double) with or without mixer, which is Fever-Tree or Elderflower. Alternatively, various bottles are for sale from the Gin bar.
- Customers with limited mobility can use their wheelchair to board the service but, due to the internal dimensions of our heritage carriages, wheelchairs cannot then be used for access to seats or for mobility once on board.
- Sat 22 Sep 2018
- Book online