Enjoy Ale on the Rails as the steam loco does several return trips (3 from Chinnor or 2 from Princes Risborough) along the line on Saturday Evening 22 September 2018.
Your train ticket + reserved seat + THREE pints of REAL ALE cask beers = included in the £22 price!
Our visiting Ales are:
From the XT Brewery (Animal Brewing Co) - HOP KITTY - 3.9% Hyper Hop Pale
A Low on ABV pale ale, huge on Hops. Packed with more Citra and Cascade than ever before. HopKitty is bursting with intense tropical and citrus flavours. Lighty toasted malts give a hint of sweetness before a second round of hops, big Mango and Lychee zest courtesy of a generous Citra third round of dry hopping. Just like every crazy cat person, you won't be stopping with one.
From the Chiltern Brewery - Chiltern Black 3.9% Award Winning Ale
Dark, ruby treacle tones, hints of roast barley and beautifully hopped with a chocolaty aroma
Also from the From the Chiltern Brewery - Copper Beech - 4.4%
A more-ish, smooth red ale. Slightly sweet and gently hopped – an excellent strong session ale
We also offer additional pints of the above at £3.50 each (subject to supplies not running out!) and and we stock our own Vale Brewery supplied Wychert and Red Kite, plus a selection of wines and soft drinks etc.
Something to soak it up?
We will be serving an optional Fish & Chips, Steak Pie & Chips or Veggie Burger & Chips - all at £7 each and sent to our train freshly cooked from our local Chinnor Chippie (served around 20.00 - 20.15). You must pre-order your meal when booking your ticket.
Please arrive at CHINNOR station (free car parking) 18.45 for 19.00 - after 3 round trips of the line we will arrive back at approximately 22.25.
Please arrive at PRINCES RISBOROUGH station Platform 4 at 19.15 for 19.30 - after 2 round trips of the line we will arrive back at approximately 21.55.
FACILITIES AT STATIONS:
At Chinnor station there is a large car park which offers FREE parking for ticket holders; toilet and baby changing facilities are available; take a look at our Accessibility Guide if you are in a wheelchair or require assistance.
At Princes Risborough station services are provided by Chiltern Railways - see details of Chiltern Railways facilities at the station guide. For car parking at Princes Risborough see the Chiltern Railways parking page (present charge July 2018 for Off-Peak parking is £5).
Sorry - the Real Ale seats are now SOLD OUT.
- The Real Ale + Steam train is advance booking only.
- To be on our Real Ale + Steam train you must be 18+ years.
- If you wish to sit with another party, please make the booking in one name.
- Seats are available in blocks of two, three or four around a table.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking by return. Your ticket with your seat allocation will follow.
- We are unable to offer any member discounts or concessions.
- For those travelling by rail to join our train at Princes Risborough please do carefully check your train times.
- Any additional pints (after the first three Ales) can be purchased at a cost of £3.50 per pint. Also available for purchase are Vale Brewery supplied Wychert and Red Kite, plus a selection of wines and soft drinks etc.
- Customers with limited mobility can use their wheelchair to board the service but, due to the internal dimensions of our heritage carriages, wheelchairs cannot then be used for access to seats or for mobility once on board.