Enjoy Ale on the Rails as the steam loco does several return trips (3 from Chinnor or 2 from Princes Risborough) along the line on Saturday Evening 21 September 2019.
Your train ticket + reserved seat + THREE pints of REAL ALE cask beers = included in the £22 price!
Our visiting Ales for 21 September are as below:
From the XT Brewery (Animal Brewing Co) - ANIMAL KIWI 4.6%
Brewed by Animal Brewery, with NZ Hops grown exclusively in the Sauvignon Blanc region of New Zealand South Island, this hop imparts many flavours from the local territory. So expect flavours of gooseberry, zesty lime, and white peach, along with a light sweetness, yet dry finish. A gentle malt bill is used to really show off this uniquely flavoured hop.
From the Chiltern Brewery - CHILTERN WHEELING 4.2% – Charity Beer
Brewed by the Chiltern Brewery, a dark amber, smooth roast malt ale with a lovely citrus aroma from Goldings, Fuggles and Cascade hops. Brewed to celebrate the 2019 Rugby World Cup and to support WheelPower a local charity. WheelPower are the charity for wheelchair sport based at the birthplace of the Paralympic Movement, Stoke Mandeville Stadium. WheelPower provide opportunities for disabled children, and newly paralysed patients to get involved in sport and physical activity enabling them to lead healthy, active and fulfilling lives. Every toast, every pint, you are supporting disabled children and newly paralysed people in your local community. Take a look at the Wheelpower website for more information please.
From the Chiltern Brewery - KOP HILL ALE 3.7%
Kop Hill Ale is a light smooth beer with a big hop aroma producing tangerine notes. Brewed by the Chiltern Brewery for the famous Kop Hill Climb! In the early 1900s the Kop Hill Climb was one of the most popular hill climbs in the country for cars and motorcycles. Thousands of spectators flocked into Princes Risborough to see in action Malcolm Campbell, Raymond Mays, Henry Segrave, Archie Frazer Nash in their cars and, the fastest man up the hill, Freddie Dixon on his Douglas motorcycle. In recent years the event has grown and grown, with visitors coming from all over the country.
From the ABC Brewery - INTERFACE 4.2%
Brewed by the ABC Brewery, a bronze coloured ale with caramel and toffee notes.
We also offer additional pints of the above at £3.50 each (subject to supplies not running out!) and and we stock our own Vale Brewery supplied Wychert and Red Kite, plus a selection of wines and soft drinks etc.
Something to soak it up?
We will be serving an optional Fish & Chips, Steak Pie & Chips or Veggie Burger & Chips - all at £7.50 each and sent to our train freshly cooked from our local Chinnor Chippie (served around 20.00 - 20.15). You must pre-order your meal when booking your ticket.
Please arrive at CHINNOR station (free car parking) 18.45 for 19.00 - after 3 round trips of the line we will arrive back at approximately 22.25.
Please arrive at PRINCES RISBOROUGH station Platform 4 at 19.15 for 19.30 - after 2 round trips of the line we will arrive back at approximately 21.55.
FACILITIES AT STATIONS:
At Chinnor station there is a large car park which offers FREE parking for ticket holders; toilet and baby changing facilities are available; take a look at our Accessibility Guide if you are in a wheelchair or require assistance.
At Princes Risborough station services are provided by Chiltern Railways - see details of Chiltern Railways facilities at the station guide. For car parking at Princes Risborough see the Chiltern Railways parking page (present charge Summer 2019 for Off-Peak parking is £5.50).
- The Real Ale + Steam train is advance booking only.
- To be on our Real Ale + Steam train you must be 18+ years.
- If you wish to sit with another party, please make the booking in one name.
- Seats are available in blocks of two, three or four around a table.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking by return. Your ticket with your seat allocation will follow.
- We are unable to offer any member discounts or concessions.
- For those travelling by rail to join our train at Princes Risborough please do carefully check your train times.
- Any additional pints (after the first three Ales) can be purchased at a cost of £3.50 per pint. Also available for purchase are Vale Brewery supplied Wychert and Red Kite, plus a selection of wines and soft drinks etc.
- Customers with limited mobility can use their wheelchair to board the service but, due to the internal dimensions of our heritage carriages, wheelchairs cannot then be used for access to seats or for mobility once on board.
- Sat 21 Sep 2019
- Depart 19:00 - Advance Booking Closed. Plenty of tickets available to buy on the day.