Ploughman's Lunches are served in the Luncheon Car departing on the 13.35 steam hauled service from Chinnor station on the selected dates show below. Our volunteer staff will be delighted to serve you a traditional and freshly prepared rural Cheddar and Ham Ploughman's Lunch, together with your choice of tea / coffee, or soft drink. Local Chinnor Railway Ales and a selection of wines can also be served at an additional charge. Sit back, relax and watch the steam lazily curl past your Luncheon Car window, as the lovely views gradually open out to reveal the Vale of Aylesbury and Whiteleaf Cross in the distance.
Dogs - sorry only Assistance Dogs are allowed in the Luncheon Car.
Available only on the 13.30 departure from Chinnor - the round trip takes approximately 1 hour in duration.
COMBINED PRICES FOR TRAVEL + RESERVATION + PLOUGHMAN'S LUNCH:
When you book online the combined cost includes your travel, seat reservations and Ploughman's Lunch.
- Adult (16-59 yrs) Travel & Ploughman's Lunch £22
- Senior (60+ yrs) Travel & Ploughman's Lunch £20
- Child (5-15 yrs) Travel & Ploughman's Lunch £6
- Child (1-4 yrs) Free travel & Ploughman's Lunch £5
- Infant (Under 1 yrs) Free travel - No Lunch
If you are looking for something more to do whilst in Chinnor then see our guide 'Stroll Around Chinnor Village' which includes links to the Wee Bookshop and The Village Centre for food and drink, ditto Bar/Restaurant meals in local pubs, or say visit the Windmill (generally open first and third Sunday in the month) or the local Church, and the guide also lists other places that may be of interest.
FACILITIES AT STATIONS:
On days when the Railway is operating our volunteers at Chinnor station provide: a ticket office where you can book tickets to travel on the same day; a large car park which offers FREE parking for train ticket holders; the Cambrian Tea Room selling drinks and light refreshments and the souvenir shop is open; toilet and baby changing facilities are available; take a look at our Accessibility Guide if you are in a wheelchair or require assistance.
At Princes Risborough station most services are provided by Chiltern Railways - except that the heritage line provides a ticket office located on Platform 4, where you can book tickets to travel to Chinnor on the same day. See details of Chiltern Railways facilities at the station guide. For car parking at Princes Risborough see the Chiltern Railways parking page (present charge in Autumn 2018 for Off-Peak parking is £5).
- Prices shown below INCLUDE your Travel Tickets, Table Reservations and Ploughman's Lunches. Many of our patrons also enjoy travelling on the train either before or after taking their Lunch and your travel tickets are valid all day long - so please do take any additional trips along the line in our unreserved and usually plentiful accommodation, if you wish!
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or mobility difficulties in advance (72 hours notice appreciated please).
- Dogs - sorry only Assistance Dogs are allowed in the Luncheon Car.
- Sun 01 Sep 2019
- SOLD OUT**