Enjoy a delicious Cream Tea as you travel along the foothills of the Chiltern Hills. Includes locally baked scones from the Cornfield Bakery, Roddas’ Clotted Cream, fresh butter and jam. Everything is served on our GWR Hotels crockery with your choice of tea, coffee, or soft drink.
Sit back, relax and watch the steam lazily curl past your window in the Afternoon Tea Car as the lovely views gradually open out to reveal the Vale of Aylesbury and Whiteleaf Cross in the distance.
Dogs - sorry only Assistance Dogs are allowed in the Afternoon Tea Cars.
If you are looking for something more to do whilst in Chinnor then see our guide 'Stroll Around Chinnor Village' which includes links to the Wee Bookshop and The Village Centre for food and drink, ditto Bar/Restaurant meals in local pubs, or say visit the Windmill (generally open first and third Sunday in the month) or the local Church, and the guide also lists other places that may be of interest.
Tickets and reservations in the Afternoon Tea Cars must always be pre-booked on the steam-hauled 13.35, 15.00, & 16.30 departures. The round trip takes around one hour. Seats often sell out quickly and so do please obtain yours as soon as possible. Please note that on some dates shown below the Afternoon Tea Car will only operate on the 16.30 departure.
COMBINED PRICES FOR TRAVEL + RESERVATION + CREAM TEA:
- Adult (16-59 yrs) Travel + Cream Tea £20
- Senior (60+ yrs) Travel + Cream Tea £18
- Child (5-15 yrs) Travel + Cream Tea £7
- Child (1-4 yrs) Free travel + Cream Tea £4
- Infant (Under 1 yrs) Free travel - No Cream Tea
- Prices shown below INCLUDE your Travel Tickets, Reservations and Cream Teas. Many of our patrons also enjoy travelling on the train either before or after taking their Cream Teas in the Afternoon Tea Car and your travel tickets are valid all day long - so please do take any additional trips along the line in our unreserved accommodation, if you wish!
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or mobility difficulties. Our Gluten Free scones are home-baked to order by our volunteers and so we do need to know about your requirements in advance (72 hours notice please). We are sorry that our volunteers are unable to provide Vegan Cream Teas - we do try so very hard to please, but it's just something we have found we cannot do very well - however you are welcome to travel with friends and family and provide your own food - there is no extra charge and we will provide you with complimentary tea, coffee etc (call 07979 055366, 10.00-16.00 hours for info).
- Dogs - sorry only Assistance Dogs are allowed in the Afternoon Tea Cars.
- Sun 14 Apr 2019
- Depart 16:30 - only 40 places left
- Sun 30 Jun 2019
- Depart 16:30 - only 25 places left
- Sun 14 Jul 2019
- Depart 16:30