This is the perfect taster experience and for 'steam buffs' - it could make a lovely gift at any time of the year!
Join the steam crew from an observer perspective on a journey that includes some arduous work by the loco including the 1 in 68 banks, and experience the thrill of the sights, sounds, smell and heat, of a ‘live’ steam engine.
Ride on the steam locomotive footplate with our driver and fireman on the 13.35 passenger service from Chinnor on the dates shown below and see everything from the working end of steam locomotive No. L92 whilst travelling along the Chiltern foothills.
Our expert and highly experienced crews will be delighted to answer your questions and show you various points of interest during the journey.
Please note that you will NOT be touching any of the controls and you will NOT be driving or firing the locomotive - this is purely observing our steam locomotive and crew in action whilst travelling with them on the footplate.
- Steam Observer Experience - £75.00 includes your Rover travel ticket.
TIMES & AVAILABILITY:
Steam footplate rides are only available on the 13.35 departure from Chinnor on the dates shown below.
All dates and times are subject to availability and must be booked in advance.
THE PARTICIPANT MUST:
- Be aged 18 years and over.
- Be reasonably fit and in good health - fit enough to climb on and off the locomotive quickly and from ground level unaided, if required.
- Able to stand on the locomotive footplate for the 1-hour round-trip.
- Wear old clothing that fully covers your arms and legs.
- Wear sturdy shoes / boots that protect your feet - trainers are not permitted.
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Please note that the Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway reserves the right to reschedule any Steam Footplate Ride or refuse entry for whatever reason. There is a maximum of one participant per ride and no other guests are allowed on the footplate.
- Sun 27 Oct 2019
- - SOLD OUT**