The Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway regrets that it is being forced to cancel all services on Mothering Sunday due to circumstances completely beyond its control. We will give an update on when we can operate services again, as soon as we have more information.
Celebrate the arrival of Peace in Europe as people did 75-years ago with a heritage train trip between Princes Risborough and Chinnor.
- We cordially invite you to travel back in time. You will be able to SEE, SMELL & HEAR something of what your parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts, and others, experienced in their 1940s travels.
- Our pay-once-stay-all-day tickets will be issued at regular published prices, plus accompanied children 5-15 yrs go for just £1 (and 0-4 yrs travel Free).
- Any Adults or Seniors in 1940s attire or Allied Forces uniform can travel for Half-price (that's half the normal Adult price at £6): just come along in your 1940s style dress and buy your tickets on the day!
All the while your steam locomotive is lazily billowing out steam past your window or the vintage diesel is growling its way along the line - you might spot some of our local wildlife too and it is rather rare not to see the Red Kites whirling overhead. Take a look at our Journey Guide for more information.
Look out for details of happenings and more information on our Facebook page and also re-visit this website nearer the time please.
Make a day of it in the Chilterns
See our page on Princes Risborough, or the Stroll Around Chinnor Village Guide which includes links to the Wee Bookshop and The Village Centre for food and drink, various Bar/Restaurant meals in local pubs, or visit the local Church, and the guide also lists other places that may be of interest.
If you are looking for something more to do on Friday 8 May then Chinnor Village is celebrating at the Pavilion and in the adjoining field in the afternoon - come by train and stroll down to the event (gentle walking time only 10 minutes from the station).
If you are visiting the Chilterns area by car - then we also have a number of local attractions within 15-minutes or less drive time, or slightly further afield please take a look at Visit Buckinghamshire or Experience Oxfordshire for a host of other ideas for your perfect day out!
Also, why not make several trips along the line - as your Rover Tickets are valid all day long.
Timetable 8-10 May
|Princes Risborough arrive||11.10||12.30||13.55||15.25||16.55|
|Princes Risborough depart||10.10||11.20||12.45||14.10||15.40||17.10|
|Rover Tickets||In Advance (Online)||On the Day (Ticket Office)|
|Adult (16-59 yrs)||£11||£12|
|Disabled Adult or Child and one Carer||£11||£12|
|Senior (60+ yrs)||£9||£10|
|Adult National Railcard holder #||£9||£10|
|Adult or Seniors in 1940s attire or Allied Forces uniform||Buy on day||£6|
|Adult Local Resident incl friends & family * after 12.00 hours||£5||£6|
|Accompanied Child Flat Fare ** (5-15 yrs)||£1||£1|
|Child (0-4 yrs)||Free||Free|
|Well behaved Dog on short lead||Free||Free|
You can buy your Rover Tickets online (sometimes it can work out cheaper) and then upon your arrival at the Railway go directly to the train, having the ticket already printed or on a mobile device. Rover tickets are available for a fixed date only and you do not have to book for a specific train time. Alternatively, just visit us on the day to buy tickets from our station ticket offices - we also issue one-way tickets for those making a single journey (not available online - please enquire for details).
- Online Bookings are charged a fee of £2 per transaction
- # Named holder(s) shown on your National Railcard
- * Local resident living in Chinnor (OX39) or Risboro (HP27), including any of their accompanying friends, family and guests
- ** Up to two accompanied children when any ticket is purchased by an Adult, Senior, or Adult National Railcard holder