The Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We set out here the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. By visiting our Website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Any information provided to or gathered from our site in the course of providing services to you is controlled by The Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway Company . We are registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA321373
- we use anonymous, unique identifier cookies to track how successful our advertising is
- we will inform you before collecting the data if we intend to use or share it for marketing purposes. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for these purposes. You can exercise this right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you. Where we ask you to provide us with any additional information, it will only be mandatory where we need it in order to provide you with the services you have requested – other information we request will be optional.
- Information you give to us - You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you buy train tickets, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, landline or mobile telephone numbers, and email address. If you pay by Debit or credit card, we may collect credit or debit card information, booking reference details, contact information relating to how you’d like to be contacted by us and departure point and destination details when buying tickets.
- Information we collect about you - On each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, click and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our General Enquiries number;
Cookies themselves only record which areas of our site have been visited by your computer or device and for how long. Allowing us to create a cookie does not give us access to the rest of your computer.
We place cookies on your browser for purposes of tracking your Shopping Cart throughout the site.
Our partners, and information we include, may also include cookies. Examples of this may be for tracking analytics through Google Analytics, and for embeded Youtube videos. Other aspects of embedded content may include their own cookies.
With most Internet browsers, you can erase or block cookies or ask to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.youronlinechoices.eu which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have a negative impact on the functionality of our site.
Uses made of the information
Information you give to us.
We will try to let you know at the time of collection how this information will be used. We will use this information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us including billing you and contacting you about your orders.
- Respond to your inquiries or to process your requests in relation to your information.
- Carry out market research campaigns subject to your prior approval
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- Contact you by post, telephone, SMS or by email (where you have consented to us doing so) to let you know about other products and services that we offer and feel may be of interest to you.
- Contact you by post, telephone, SMS or by email (where you have consented to us doing so) to let you know about other products and services that are offered jointly with or on behalf of organisations with whom we are affiliated.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information to:
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Keep our site safe and secure.
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
- Except with your permission or as provided herein, we will not sell, trade or rent personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
- The information you provide to us will be held on a server provided by our Website Partner in the United Kingdom and may be accessed by or given to our staff.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Other rail industry bodies including the Office of Rail and Road, other Rail Operators, and Network Rail, in order to comply with our regulatory obligations and to help resolve complaints or other issues.
- Agents we engage to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling order deliveries, sending customer communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If CPRR or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If CPRR enters into a joint venture with another business entity.
- We may allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you (where you have consented to us doing so). They may contact you by post, telephone, as well as by email. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us or them know.
- Where we retain third parties to carry out promotions and other activities for which you have registered or in which you have otherwise asked to participate.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety or CPRR, our customers, our staff or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
- We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site (eg we might disclose the median ages of visitors to our site, or the numbers of visitors to our site that come from different geographic areas) to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you personally.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share this information with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Information shared with third parties
Where we store your personal information
All the personal data we hold is stored in the United Kingdom. Our web servers are in a secure data centre in Hemel Hempstead. Backups are stored on backup systems in secure data centres in Rugby and London Docklands. Emails and paperwork are stored in our offices in East Sussex.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- We will retain your information for as long as the law or regulation requires.
- In accordance with Good Practice and under the Guidance published by the Information Commissioner, we employ strict physical, electronic and administrative security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage both on-line and off-line.
- The contents of this site are designed to comply with the general obligations of the European Directives on Data Protection and ePrivacy. We cannot be responsible for non-compliance with any local advertising or other laws in relation to this site or its contents.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can change the way we contact you or stop receiving offers and promotions at any time, by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also write to our Complance Controller at Chinnor Station, Station Approach, Station Road, Chinnor OX39 4ER. If you write please do give us your full name, address and email so that we can ensure we carry out your instructions correctly. We will aim to update your request within five business days.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulations you are entitled to see the personal information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. Any Subject Access Request should be made in writing to Compliance Controller at Chinnor Station, Station Approach, Station Road, Chinnor OX39 4ER