She is owned by the Worcester Locomotive Society, and following her overhaul in 2012, is now painted in London Underground colours and carries the number L92.
5786 is one of the original 57xx Class Pannier tanks designed by C B Collett, and was built at Swindon Works in 1930, as part of Lot 260. She was initially shedded at Aberdare, and by 1948 was at Aberbeeg, and then Cardiff Canton (86C) from 1952 to 1958. Withdrawn from BR service in April 1958, she was sold to London Transport, painted maroon, and numbered L92. She was then based at Lillie Bridge and Neasden depots, where she worked maintenance and rubbish trains until withdrawn from LT service in 1969.
Bought by the Worcester Locomotive Society in September 1969, 5786 was moved to the Severn Valley Railway where she was restored to GWR livery and steamed for a short period. In 1970 she was at the Bulmer Railway Centre in Herefordshire where she was in regular use until that Centre closed in 1993. She then moved to her new base at the South Devon Railway in Buckfastleigh.
She has previously been at Chinnor from March to October 2016.
- Built year
- Engine output
- Power Class GWR – C, BR – 4F
- Engine type
- Valve Gear - Stephenson Slide Valve. Working Pressure - 200 psi. Firegrate Area - 15.3 sq ft. Fire tubes - 233 x 1 5/8”
- Fuel tank capacity
- Coal Capacity - 3 tons 6 cwt. Water Capacity - 1,200 gallons
- Arriving from the SDR in late Mar 2019
- Tractive effort
- 22,515 lb
- Cylinders - 17 1/2” x 24”
- 49 tons
- Wheel arrangement
- Wheel diameter
- 4’ 7 ½”